Colyton Caterpillars is a fully inclusive environment where children's needs are nurtured and fulfilled. Where ALL children aged 0-12 years can let their imagination run wild, become independent, excited and motivated to learn. We are a group at the centre of our community, and our aim is to make everyone welcome. A place where families and carers are encouraged to be involved in all areas of their children's experience and learning outcomes.
- " We all have a role to play in children learning."
Our Key Messages
• Allow children sufficient time to play and explore with materials before using them in planned activities
- "Parents are the first and most enduring educators in a child's life."
- • Establish enabling conditioning for learning
- • Develop a learning culture which focuses on how and not just what we are learning
- • Model being a thinker.
Polar Bear Group
As from January we are turning our part of our provision into a Communication and Language nurture unit.
The group will be called ‘Polar Bears’ and everyday there will be a huge input of communication and language expanding their vocabulary, working on listening skills and starting to encourage expressive language.
- We will plan to meet the child’s needs, perhaps through adjusting styles of interaction, introducing new experiences, changing routines and adapting environment. Share insights with parents, enabling us to work together and working with other professionals.
- Staff will attend lots of training related to this specific area.
Creepy Crawlies Toddler Group
Creepy Crawlies Poster PDF